I hope Fred won't mind me reposting this here:
We are still preparing Fuse for a new release soon and would appreciate
help in testing that all the new features and all the old features are
The key new features are:
* Spectranet emulation
* SpecDrum emulation
* Disciple emulation
* Movie recording to FMF files
* SpeccyBoot emulation
* GTK+ 3 Support
* Many Win32 enhancements
* POK file support
* PZX file read support
* Plus lots of bug fixes
The fixes since the last release are:
* Split SNET block into SNET, SNEF and SNER so that flash could
theoretically be saved separately - Spectranet SZX files from the
previous beta are now invalid
* Correct video timing for +2A/+3 etc machines
* Implement Spectranet's "suppress NMI" flipflop
* Fix inverted DISCiPLE printer busy logic
* Empty sound buffer when emulation is paused using a shortcut key on
Win32 UI (thanks, Lee Tonks)
* Add DISCiPLE ROM with EPSON printer support
* Correct restore of pentagon 1024 memory ports from snapshots
* Spectranet emulation bugfixes
* Make sure that SE RAM variables are initialised before they are
* Add separate switch to enable ZX Printer emulation
* Fix SE writing dock and exrom pages to snapshots
* Update SE ROMs to v4.04
* Reset machine when significant interfaces are connected/disconnected
* Fix in-memory disk image becoming corrupted after saving the disk file
* Update to v1.38 of the +3e ROMs (thanks, Guesser)
* Fix loading of EDSK files with redundant sector images
* Many manual updates
* Add support for storing ZX Printer state in SZX files
* Allow up to 15 joystick buttons to be defined to accommodate e.g.
XBox 360 ABXY button use
* Support setting late timings from SZX snapshots
* Support the binutils gold linker.
* Minor bugfixes
* Print flag byte (thanks, Ivan Shmakov).
* Include read and computed checksum (thanks, Ivan Shmakov).
* Fix incomplete byte warning (thanks, Ivan Shmakov).
* Force mpeg4 video encoder for youtube profile and don't force AAC
audio encoder for ipod profile.
* Fix a crash when converting PCM stereo samples to mono.
* Fix the build on Debian stable and fix a crash when encoding H.264
* Fix a crash when input file does not exist
* Support ffmpeg 1.0.1 API
* Improve addition of annotation field to au format files
If you'd like to help you can find the second beta binaries for various
Debian (and hopefully Ubuntu):
There's packages for Debian 6 ("squeeze") and 7 ("wheezy"). Wheezy
packages use GTK+ 3, Squeeze uses GTK+ 2.
You need to install libspectrum8, fuse-emulator-common and either
fuse-emulator-gtk or fuse-emulator-sdl.
Mac OS X:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-fo ... p/download
Mac specific changes are:
* Support OS X 10.7
* Movie recording file selection should be for writing rather than
reading (thanks, deKay)
* Fix fullscreen modes (thanks, Adam Meath)
* Don't poll for joystick axes that do not exist to avoid going into a
loop when exiting the pref pane with non-existent joystick axes
* Add documentation of External sound interfaces, add more hyperlinks
(thanks, Paul van der Laan).
Source code to build for other platforms:
https://fuse-emulator.svn.sourceforge.n ... ator/trunk