Hello,xorya is very interest project!!
I make onboard computer for my car s pomocí video generatoru KenKen's work
(version PIC32MX695F512H resolution 300X225). The problem was the need for more timers for scaning RPM,tacho and injection time.
The result is therefore still nice RPM sensor and a pair of analog signals in kombination of reversing camera,
instead of the original location of the RPM meter.
Xorya engine is also in addition to game console certainly well suited for use in technical applications such as measurement, process control, etc. Needed to display graphs, different menus etc. Very interesting area of application is in combination with composite camera and maybe OSD.similar programs for PIC32 is not much yet, and if so only in black and white variant.
I would try to use your engine and therefore would like to ask a few questions:
1. how much performance mcu video generator consumes?
2. how much timers video generator needs?
3. It is possible to gif and jpeg load from sd card ?
4. You can use some doblebuffer for smoother images and animations?
5. You plan to add routine for playing wav file ?
6. It would turn your engine used for simple OSD principle PICOOSD ?
7. You could also write a program for MikroC for PIC32 (from MIKROE) compiller or help with his transcript?
Yet the question at the end.
My hobby is technique rather than programming, so I prefer Basic Compilers than c Compilers.
Unfortunately, so far not a single basic compiler does not have a proper library for generating color composit signal.
You would not have to change it with the help of your engine and create a library for a basic compiler that supports the PIC32 (eg. Microbasic from MIKROE. Http://www.mikroe.com/
When I started work KenKen's generator, so I founded the forum thread asking whether someone could port this engine, but no one was found.
He would not it you? If so, it would be asking a great work establishing a new wiki page with a description of the library and nutty example !!