nedoPC.org

Electronics hobbyists community established in 2002
Atom Feed | View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024 03:49

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Исходники ОС COHERENT (клон UNIX 7 для PDP11 и PC) 
Doomed

Williams Company в 1980 году, изначально был предназначен для PDP‐11. В 1983 был
представлен новый порт, позиционирующийся как первый вариант Unix, работающий на IBM PC‐совместимых компьютерах. Последняя версия(4.2.10)вышлав1994году.

С 3 января 2015 исходные коды и документация на COHERENT доступны здесь:

http://nesssoftware.com/home/mwc/source.php

тут общая страничка архива фирмы

http://www.nesssoftware.com/home/mwc/

Quote:
MWC's most significant product was the Unix look-alike operating system COHERENT. (AT&T was not happy about COHERENT; see 1994 recollections from Dennis Ritchie.)

I was in charge of documentation in the very early days of COHERENT, but the incredibly competent Fred Butzen soon took over from me. In Sept. 2012, fifteen years after MWC's demise, I decided to resurrect and post some COHERENT documentation based on Fred's original sources; see the links below. I hope to post PDF versions of more MWC docs eventually. In the meantime, here are some cover pages.

Each copy of COHERENT came with a hard copy of the manual. My most recent edition is Revision 11, dated 1994, xviii + 1204 pages. It's a wonderful book, generated by a single COHERENT shell script running troff to produce beautiful camera-ready PostScript output. It includes several introductory sections (sh, lex, yacc, MicroEMACS, etc.), but most of it consists of a very useful Lexicon. The Lexicon contains over 1200 articles listing COHERENT commands and functions in alphabetical order. These articles were also available as manpages via the COHERENT man command. PDF and PostScript versions of the manual are here.

Most COHERENT commands were modeled on UNIX commands, so their equivalents are still at your fingertips under Linux or Cygwin. Nostalgia motivated me to reimplement a few, listed below, based on the original sources.

In January 2015, Robert Swartz (founder and president of MWC, agreed to open posting of COHERENT command and system sources under an open source license.
[url][/url]

17 Feb 2015 01:08
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]